Full course description
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
1. Recognize patient-provider communication with the spirit of motivational interviewing (MI)
2. Respond to patients using open-ended statements, affirmations, reflections, and summaries (OARS)
3. Respond to patients' arguments against change without amplifying resistance
4. Listen for and amplify change/commitment talk using reflection, open questions, and importance/confidence scales
5. Know when and how to give advice or information
Criteria for Successful Completion (Please read carefully):
- You must complete the entire online activity and the live practice session
- You must complete the online self-checks and post-test
- 5.50 contact hours will be awarded upon successful completion
Keep Learning with UT Health San Antonio Department of Lifelong Learning!