Overdose Prevention Key Updates & Refresher June 25
Full course description
Overdose Prevention Training: Key Updates & Refresher
This is a live in person training June 25th 1:30-2:30 PM in Corpus Christi Texas (limited to 300 attendees)
Diana Cavazos, PhD, MSN, RN, Assistant Professor/Clinical, UT Health San Antonio, School of Nursing (more)
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel 900 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
In this session we provide:
- Updates on current trends driving increases in overdose frequency and mortality.
- A framework for understanding the complex individual, social, and situational factors that shape overdose risk.
- Actions we can take to strengthen our efforts at preventing overdose frequency.
- A refresher to support knowledge and confidence for recognizing and responding to an overdose.
- Recommended access to reliable resources of additional information.
Continuing Education provided for Nurses, Physicians, Psychologists, Social Workers, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor & Peer Support Providers
Continuing Nursing Education:
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Continuing Social Work Education:
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Nursing is approved by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners to provide Social Worker CE.
Continuing Medical Education:
The UT Health Science Center San Antonio is accredited by the ACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Continuing Education Unit:
The Centralized Training Infrastructure for Evidence Based Practices is a provider of continuing education for the following clinical licenses: Psychologists, Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors (LCDC) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT) Counselors.